Upcoming Presentations and Workshops
- Change Management
Nonprofit Leadership Program
University of Pennsylvania
- Making Your Board More Effective
Annual Endowment and Foundation Conference
- Succession and Transition Planning
Dress for Success Global Conference
How Does a Leadership Transition Differ From an Executive Search?
A leadership transition is the management of the entire anticipation-departure-recruitment-integration process in a holistic fashion. It focuses on minimizing the risk and capturing all of the opportunities that a change in long-term and founding leaders offers.
Leadership transitions begin with the chief executive’s decision to depart — or the Board’s commencement of transition planning — and extends through the hiring and successful on-boarding of the new executive.
Before You Hire An Executive Search Firm
Here are some questions to consider before you begin your search:
- Are you planning to replace a founder or a visionary leader?
- Is this a new role or are you rehiring for an existing job?
- Do you have an in-house process to assess leadership talent?
- More questions …